Sunday, August 14, 2005

Day 1

Well, I'm here in Baxter, MN. I stayed over at my friend Jason's house after we took him out for his bachelor party last night. We went and played paintball at an indoor arena, and I have the welts to prove it. It was a blast, although I think I prefer the outdoor version of paintball. Then we came back to Jason's and played video games until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer.

It's really hitting me right now how difficult it is going to be to stay here for who knows how long. Last night we had some good conversation in the car about biblical stuff, but it took a lot of effort to swing it away from just arguing over words and instead using the word to uplift. At one point I realized what was happening and I just lifted up a prayer and our conversation changed immediately. While our conversation didn't accomplish a whole lot, I feel that my friends at least got a good look at how I have changed.. Or atleast I hope so.

I'm realizing that it is going to take a lot of prayer to stay up. It is so easy just to let my spirit be stifled here, but I'm determined to not let that happen.

Well, I gotta go, I'm going to try to find a church to go to this morning.

Be blessed,
UCD

3 comments:

Sweetkeeks said...

Definetely be praying for you. We know that God has a plan for you there besides work and family. Keep your heart on Him and He'll guide you. Take care!

Abbey said...

Just remember to keep in touch with HIM! He's still by you and he has a purpose for you at home. View this as more of an opportunity to grow deeper rather than on thinking how it is a challenge to your faith. Take a hold of the challenge and grow. I know that you will and I'll be amazed by your faith even more so than now when you come back to Duluth. Your faith as you showed it at Sonshine encouraged me to go even deeper with God and I have been. Thank you for your encouragement through your actions instead of just words. That's really awesome. Take care Andrew! Drop me an email.

seeyaleah said...

"you got it dude!" We are definitely going to pray for you. I just had a country song pop in my head that I was going to write down, but I'll save you the agony. Be blessed also. Peace

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive