Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Uh Huh.

Yes, it's that time again! I'm 2 weeks away from New Orleans, and I'm getting pumped. A few nights ago I had a sweet dream in which God used me to heal someone. It felt so real, I woke up feeling energized.

I'm going to be speaking at Bible study on Monday. I have a general idea of Role Models from the Bible. That topic may sound a bit lame, but the idea in my head for it is exciting. The Bible contains numerous stories of God working with people, and people working with God. Now we can't really control the God side of it, but we can work to be more like the people in the Bible who God worked with. David, for example, was a man after God's own heart. We often focus on his achievements, and how God chose him. Rarely do we focus on his character. Much of that is exposed in Psalms as he writes through his highs and lows. Also through the stories, we see how he reacts to situations and trusts in God to lead him.

This is just one example. Another is Daniel. His faith was amazing! There are many more, Elijah, Moses, Joseph, Esther, Abraham... The list goes on.

I want to point out that these people were not great just in themselves, but that they understood how great God is and had faith in him. Yet it is this faith and the character that they had that God loves and can work with.

I see this as a challenge, to become someone who God can work with.

Some will live, some will die,
some will laugh, some will cry,
some will crawl, some will fly,
some will fall, I'll still try.

-Kaboose

2 comments:

Angie said...

Andrew, how are you? That's awesome that you're going to New Orleans! What an amazing opportunity to get down there and help. I do hope you're doing well. Be blessed!

~ang

Lexi said...

ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WUD UP?????? I MISS YOU BUDDY!
Hows it going?
give me a call...not on my cell phone though cause it dropped in the toliet..so call me at 612.343.4118.
talk to you sooner rather than later..
love ya tons!

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive