Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My first support letter

A copy of my first supp0rt letter. If you want to get on my contact list, let me know.

----

Hey everybody,

In case you don't know, this is Andrew Gagne. Some of you are good friends, others just random acquaintances that I would love to get to know better. The reason I'm writing this to all of you is that I am embarking upon a life changing journey. In January I will be starting my training at the Forerunner School of Ministry (FSM - link). Those of you that know me well know that my passion for God drives my life. There is nothing else in this world that will satisfy me besides knowing Him and serving Him. It has been a long hard decision making process, but I feel strongly that FSM is the next step in this journey. FSM is a school dedicated to teaching the Bible in a context of prayer and relationship. I will be taking what I learn in the classroom to the prayer room and spend hours thinking, praying, and worshiping. I will be starting with a 6 month internship there, but would love to continue on toward the goal of completing a 4 year program in Apostolic Preaching.

Why is this important to anyone besides myself? Well, most people in Christian ministry in this country today would agree that this country is in rough shape. Not just morally, but spiritually. We have a country feeding their spiritual needs through materialism or false religions like Scientology. We are all so hungry for a real God, yet we are too hard hearted and rebellious to actively pursue what we know to be true. We are all partially to blame for this, whenever we pass up opportunities in relationship to the living God. Many have related our current condition to the conditions often described in the writings of the Prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah. In the book of Hebrews chapter 3 we find this warning:

So, as the Holy Spirit says:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert,
where your fathers tested and tried me
and for forty years saw what I did.
That is why I was angry with that generation,
and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
and they have not known my ways.'
So I declared on oath in my anger,
'They shall never enter my rest.' "


See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.

Given this situation, what must be done? Changing the hearts of an entire nation is not an easy task. We must first start with ourselves, and start in prayer. There is a prayer movement starting in small pockets all over the nation. This is interesting, because we all know that getting people to come to prayer meetings is one of the hardest things to do. At the International House of Prayer in Kansas City where FSM is based, they have a dedicated prayer room open 24 hours everyday, where you may find anywhere from 100-1000 people at any given time. And this is not the only one, there are Houses of Prayer springing up all over the country from all different church backgrounds with a common purpose: intercession for our country to lead it to revival.

Which brings it back to us. Will you join with me in prayer for our country? Will you pray for me as I train for this purpose? Also, consider supporting me financially to help me with my schooling and expenses. This is not a calling that "pays off" financially, and it only works with the help of others who believe in me.

If you are at all interested in hearing more about this, please reply to this message. If you would like to receive monthly updates via snail-mail, please include your mailing address as well. If you do not want to receive these emails, simply reply and let me know. Also, feel free to call me on my cell phone (218) 330-1167, I would love to talk to any of you.

The Grace of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah be with your spirit,

Andrew Gagne

P.S. If you have a moment, visit lookatthesound.com - it's a site where believers like myself post their thoughts. Also check out the podcasts, I will be one of the guests on the next episode.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive