Thursday, February 01, 2007

February

Well, yesterday was the last day of my first FSM class, The Way of Intimacy. I have finished reading the book, Deep Unto Deep, by Dana Candler (our teacher), and only have one assignment left. The last two sessions of the class were great. One was on fellowshipping with the holy spirit and how the spirit lives inside us, the other was on the life of David. I think I would like entire classes on those two subjects.

My next class starts on Monday, and it's The Excellencies of Christ, with Allen Hood. I think he's my favorite teacher, so I'm really looking forward to this one. Our next book is "A Man After God's Own Heart", by Mike Bickle. I've read it before, but I'm looking forward to reading it again.

Also, we are working through Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer on Wednesdays. I've read that a couple times, but Tozer blows me away every time. I should say God blows me away every time.

That's one of the things that's been hitting me a lot while I've been here, how incredibly great our God is. Great and Terrible, you might say. We've been looking at the accounts from the Bible of people who met God. Moses, Ezekiel, Daniel, John, and others... and they couldn't even come close to describing him. I could write a long long post on this right now, but instead I'll just encourage you on your own to go and contemplate:

Who is this God? What is he like? Where does he live? What would I say to him if I met him? Would I be able to say anything? What does he think of me? How does he want me to live?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive