Sunday, March 25, 2007

re: righteous anger pt I

Righteous Anger. This is one of the most difficult topics, but pretty much anytime we try to behold God and his nature, it blows our mind.

knowledge of God

Which is good, we need to restore a view of God as other than, far above us, yet he also wants us to take on his nature, and transform us into his image.

...you thought that I was like yourself; but I will rebuke you... (Psa 50:21)

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2Co 3:18)
Most of us have a hard time with a wrathful, jealous God, but I would argue that this is because we also don't understand his love very well, which basically means we don't know Him.

Reactions: true, scary, harsh?

It's ok, as we explore this, you'll see that God knows our weakness better than we do, and is beckoning us to search him out, to discover him, and he will do most of the work by revealing himself through the word and through prayer.
The glory of God is to conceal a thing; but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.
(Pro 25:2)
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; (Luk 10:22-23) Emphasis added.
The good news is that Jesus wants to reveal himself to you, all you need to do is ask.

I am realizing this is a huge topic that will probably take like 4 or 5 posts to even get a good overview.

Maybe this whet your appetite though, if so, post a comment, a question, whatever, and I'll try to get back asap.

Next time: Creation. a divine love story

Coming:
  • Jesus, the lover
  • Jesus, the jealous husband
  • Jesus, the judge
  • Us, the Bride of Christ
  • Wrap up and questions
Like all of you, I am figuring this stuff out as I go, and he is really opening my mind to who Jesus really is, and it's surprising.

Homework assignment: read slowly over Revelation 4 and 5. Is this a different view of Jesus than you're used to?

If you enjoy this, make sure you support me. Also check out lookatthesound.com

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive