Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The word: may 07

Hey Everyone!

I've got a lot to update you with, since it's been a while, so brace yourselves!

Since many of you will not read the entire thing, I'll just put this first -- I need your support. The Lord is calling me to a life consecrated to Him, and Him alone. He has made that clear to me in the past, and is making that very clear again. What exactly that looks like is not quite certain, but I know the Lord is good, and will provide -- and he chooses to do that through many of you. I praise God for the generosity He has already shown me through all of you, and for all the prayers and emotional support many of you have given me.

My immediate needs are:
$1,000 tuition for FSM summer courses
$700 month for rent, food,etc

I will also be looking for $1,500 for tuition in the fall and winter semesters.

I am really looking for some of you to partner with me long term, and commit to supporting me on a monthly basis.

I want to make it clear, this is not just about my needs, but this is part of something much larger -- a prayer movement throughout the earth, and a chance for revival. The Lord is on the move, calling for one of those major generational changes that we all read about in the old testament (and the new). I know the Lord is calling me to be a part of this, which is a difficult thing, but something that I cannot ignore.

We already are seeing parts of this, with 24/7 prayer movements starting up all over the earth, with people crying out to God for mercy and repenting for their nations.

Another sign of this is in our own nation is The Call, http://thecall.com. The call is a gathering of believers to fast and pray for our nation, to turn our nation back to God. There is a huge event taking place on 7-7-07 in Nashville, you can find more about it on fastandpray.com.

From The Call website:

  • TheCall Nashville will be the eighth Call in America.
  • The first Call was held in Washington,DC in 2000 where over 420,000 people gathered to fast and pray for America.
  • Other events have included TheCall Boston (50,000), TheCall NY (85,000), TheCall San Francisco (40,000), TheCall Los Angeles, (30,000).

So there is a lot going on, but what's my part? I will be praying. This is my primary job, with at least 24 hours per week in the prayer room, here at the International House of Prayer. I am an intercessor, one who will cry out to the Lord on behalf of the people, and one who connects with the Lord's heart in return.

I will also be taking classes at the Forerunner School of Ministry, continuing in a year Apostolic Preaching Program. I will be preparing for what the Lord has in store. I may also work part time, but I am praying to be released to serve the Lord full-time.

Will you help, will you partner with me?

Non-tax deductible checks can be made to:
David Andrew Gagne
3517 E. Red Bridge Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64137

Tax deductible checks can be made to:
IHOP-KC Support
(my name cannot be on it for tax reasons)

Thank you all, I love you!

Psalms 27:4
One thing have I asked of the LORD,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to inquire in his temple.

1 comments:

Dave Gagne said...

Blog comment:
Congratulations on finishing your internship. I think you will look back on this all your life as a turning point, setting the direction of your life. I suspect the rest of your life will be more productive for God because of it.

I just read through all your blogs. Makes a nice record of your journey. It gave me a better behind-the-eyeballs (your eyeballs)perspective of what God has been doing and how you have been pursuing Him. It's just about the most encouraging thing I have ever read. So please, continue to post your blog often. It will minister to hearts.

You commented once that your parents prayed for you even before you were born, that God would use you for His glory and purposes. That, of course, is very true. Those same prayers were repeated many times. I am of the same mind as John when he wrote "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth". 3John 1:4

You bring me great joy, and anticipation to see how the Lord will use you.

I imagine you are a bit dissapointed not to be enrolled in Forerunner classes this summer, setting things up to continue this fall. Next January must seem like a long ways off. But, as hindsight shows, God has a timetable for us that is perfect, better than we could set for ourselves. I strongly suspect that God plans to use you and prepare you during these months in ways that you don't now see. "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it" 1Thes 5:24.

Remember. Keep posting.

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive