Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesdays = Fasting + Israel

Tuesdays... for all of you not familiar with what we do down here at IHOP on Tuesdays - Tuesdays is fasting day. 

Everyone is invited to fast every Tuesday and join us in prayer. It's up to each individual on how they do it, and not everyone does, but most of the staff does. It's kind of a well known fact that many people are a bit slower on Tuesdays, and sometimes we can even get a bit cranky and have to repent. But it also helps us to refocus on the weakness of our flesh and the power of prayer.

The other good part about Tuesdays is that we pray for Israel on Tuesdays. God has been really working in my heart for Israel, and after being here a couple of months, I made it a goal to pray on the mic every Tuesday for Israel.

Here's one of my favorite scriptures to pray out of. I invite you to all pray for Israel as you read this.

For Israel during the Onething Conference, June 28-30. 

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Jesus, King of Israel, I pray that you would establish yourself as King over every heart in Israel. Reign in righteousness and truth, bring freedom from the darkness of sin in their lives. Save them from themselves! Cause your face to shine and bring salvation to your people! I pray that you would move in every heart during this conference, that they would know their King, their Savior, Yeshua the Messiah. Establish your kingdom in their hearts.

Amen.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive