Monday, July 02, 2007

Season 2

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 
(James 1:2–4 ESV)

I have a new job, a new address (see below), a new prayer room schedule, and another stage of life that I have started. I am working 40 hours / week in the technology department of the International House of Prayer, and on a 24-30 hour / week prayer room team. My goal is to start up my school at the Forerunner School of Ministry in January, so right now I’m just saving up and trying to raise my support. I am hoping to raise enough support so that I can fully give myself to this prayer thing and not have to work.

I love my new job, I love working, but there is a tearing at my heart because I know that God has something different for me. It’s actually tempting to keep working and rely upon my abilities to provide for myself instead of allowing God to provide. I know it’s always a bit of both, but I know my heart is to be full time in the house of prayer, and that God will provide a way for that sooner or later.

It’s definitely a full load right now, working 9-5, and in the prayer room at a minimum 7:30-12 at night. I choose to do it, because just as working is a necessity for my physical state, and the prayer room is a necessity for my spiritual state. God is doing so much in me right now, I find that if I miss even a few days in a row, I lose my focus.  

Am I an over-achiever? I never really have thought of myself as one, even though I often excel beyond others. I always chalked it up to natural gifting. But for once in my life, I can now say that I am driven. I am pushing my own limits until it hurts, finding my weakness, my need for God. 

And it’s all worth it. 

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
(James 1:12 ESV)

My new address is:
 4505 E. 114th St. 
Kansas City, MO 64137

Send me your love!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive