Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Cry Tonight

David Gagne
I Cry Tonight
Thursday, August 9, 2007
A Poem Inspired by the Lorica


I cry tonight
for a mighty strength, the power of the trinity,
the fullness of three,
the unity of one,
of Him who makes all things new.

I cry tonight
for the strength of Christ in the clouds to those who pierced Him,
for the strength of Christ riding on a white horse to battle,
for the strength of Christ standing on the Mount of Olives,
for the strength of Christ to slay with the breath of his mouth.

I cry tonight
For the beauty of the vision of Cherubim,
in the company of angels,
in chorus with the archangels,
in faith of resurrection and the promise of reward,
in encounters of patriarchs,
in visions of the prophets,
in revelations of the apostles,
in knowledge of confessors,
in purity of holy virgins,
in works of righteous men.

I cry tonight
For the strength of heaven:
Light of the Son,
Radiance of the Kingdom,
Splendor of His Spirit,
Speed of His Return,
Swiftness of the Gospel,
Depth of His Love,
Stability of The Word,
Firmness of The Rock

I cry tonight
For God’s strength to fill me:
God’s might to dwell in me,
God’s wisdom to enlighten me,
God’s eye to gaze upon me,
God’s ear to hear me,
God’s word to humble me,
God’s hand to exalt me,
God’s way to move me,
God’s shield to protect me,
God’s host to visit me,
To aid me in battling devils,
To encourage me to perfection,
To supply love for my enemies,
Those now and those to come,
Those weak and those strong.

I summon tonight all these powers joined with me in the fight for mankind,
For the soul of every cruel man abusing a woman,
For the soul of every woman contemplating abortion,
For the soul of every child rebelling against authority,
For the soul of every Hebrew who does not know the God of their fathers,
For the soul of every Gentile who does not know that God has chosen them too,
For the soul of every President, and every King,
For the soul of every beggar, every street person, and every one without a home.

For the Spirit to empower me tonight,
to heal the sick, raise the dead,
to cleanse the lepers, to cast out demons,
and to do greater works than these,
to proclaim good news to the poor,
to proclaim freedom to the captives,
to recover the sight to the blind,
to free those who are oppressed,
and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,
to prophesy of his return,
to dream of his throne room,
to envision his earthly reign,
and to sing praise with my spirit.

I cry tonight
for a mighty strength, the power of the trinity,
the fullness of three,
the unity of one,
of Him who makes all things new.

1 comments:

sarah said...

If only as believers we felt more compelled to cry tonight. Then the believers would join and the unsaved would crave to know what we know ... What God shows us. What to cry for.

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive