Friday, October 05, 2007

Love for Israel: A Teaser

Star of David

The opening paragraph of Romans 9 contains the most brash and reckless statement of Paul recorded in the Bible. It’s simply outrageous. I read it, and part of me wonders, “How could he possibly mean what he said?” Paul knew what he was saying was bizarre, and knowing his readers would question him, he puts a big disclaimer on the front of this thing. He says, “I do not lie,” and claims the Holy Spirit is governing what comes next.

He says,

“I could wish myself actually under God’s curse, and separated from the Messiah,” --
Wait... what the... ?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
I'm a full-time lover of Jesus. I work, learn, and pray at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I live simple, and seek God with all my heart.

Blog Archive